2. Why HCCA Collects Your Personal Information
We may collect your personal information in order to:
- Evaluate your current and ongoing eligibility for financial products and services, including by periodically obtaining credit reports from any credit reporting agency or credit bureau;
- Open, administer, maintain, service, collect and enforce our agreements with you and to process payments;
- Investigate and adjudicate any dispute or claim which relates to our agreements with you and/or any other products or services provided in connection with those agreements;
- To register and enforce our title reservation and security interests;
- To detect and prevent fraud;
- To maintain business records and to provide you with customer service communications;
- Provide you with marketing, product information and service offer(s) that may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with products and services you request and to respond to your comments or requests for information; and,
- Manage our business, including to meet legal, regulatory, risk management and security requirements, and other legitimate business interests or for other purposes as permitted or required by law.
3. What Personal Information HCCA Collects
- Contact information to provide correspondence (e.g., promotions and brochures via mail, text, e-mail, phone or fax) such as full legal name, address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- Information that is required for you to register and log in for your Online Account, such as your account number, e-mail address, and vehicle identification number;
- Information about your financial and credit history including employment information, debt and income levels (including income of spouse, if applicable), current and past creditors, tenancy arrangements (including whether you own a house or rent, monthly mortgage or rental payment amounts, total mortgage amount, mortgage holder, market value of home), and insurance, banking or credit institutions you use or have used;
- Other information you may provide on applications, conditional sales contracts, lease agreements, and other forms including length of time at current address, marital status, gender, driver’s license information, social insurance number (if provided), date of birth and information about the vehicle(s) you are leasing, financing, or purchasing;
- Banking information including the name and contact information for your bank and your account number, in order to process pre-authorized payments;
- Information about transactions we conduct for or with you and services we provide or may provide to you;
- Information about or to assist with transactions you might conduct through us that involve a third party such as the purchase of credit insurance;
- Information about your transactions with third parties such as the dealer from which you seek to buy or lease a vehicle for which you need financing;
- Information about your current and ongoing credit history from any credit reporting agency or credit bureau;
- Information that may assist in expanding our business relationship, such as information related to your preferences, service needs and decision-making or about customer service inquiries and feedback; and,
- Other information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
4. How Your Personal Information is Disclosed
- Affiliates for Administrative Purposes
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes, including defending and bringing legal actions. For example, we may share your personal information with affiliates for the purposes of:
- Evaluating your eligibility for and providing financial products and services to you;
- Monitoring and enforcing our agreements with you and providing ongoing service;
- Maintaining records for reasonable periods; and
- Managing, administering, collecting and enforcing accounts, collecting debts owed to us and processing payments.
We may also share personal information with our affiliated automotive manufacturers to provide you with warranty or other customer service communications and to advise you of any product recall or other customer notifications with respect to your vehicle.
Our affiliates include companies with a Hyundai or Kia name (except dealers); financial companies such as Hyundai Capital America; and nonfinancial companies such as Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. and Kia Canada Inc.
- Non-Affiliates for Administrative Purposes
Non-affiliates we share with can include credit reporting agencies, dealers, insurance companies, banks and other lenders. We share personal information with non-affiliates for the purposes of:
- Maintaining your credit history and obtaining credit reports from consumer credit reporting and collection agencies, financial institutions or finance companies;
- Meeting our legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements;
- To register and enforce our title reservation and security interests;
- Manage other products and services related to our agreement with you that you have requested, such as credit insurance; and,
- Investigating and adjudicating any dispute or claim which relates to the products or services that we offer to you or that are provided by third parties in connection with our agreement with you, including defending and bringing legal actions.
- Marketing – Sharing with Affiliates and Non-Affiliates
We may share your contact information and information about our agreement with you with our affiliates, your dealer and the manufacturer of the vehicle forming the subject matter of our agreement with you (the “Manufacturer”), so that they may contact you with information about their products and services. If you do not want your personal information shared for these purposes, please contact our Privacy Officer as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
- Service Providers
The personal information that you provide to HCCA may be transferred to third party service providers who perform services on our behalf (including affiliates acting in this capacity). These services may include call center services, billing, marketing, information technology, data hosting and processing services. Our service providers may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States. HCCA may collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on servers located in other jurisdictions, including the United States, for the purposes described within this Policy. Please note that the privacy laws in such jurisdictions differ from Canadian privacy laws. Reasonable contractual or other measures we may take to protect your personal information while processed or handled by these service providers are subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
- Business Transactions.
- Disclosure Required by Law
We may disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law, such as:
- to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- to prevent or detect financial abuse, fraud, or criminal activity; or
- to protect our assets and business interests.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements.
5. Website Security
- Normal Website Usage and Cookies
You can visit our Site to read about product, investment, and company information, or use some of our online tools (e.g., Which Vehicles Can I Afford? and Payment Estimator) without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. During these types of visits, we collect and store statistical information on an anonymous basis, such as the information about the time and length of your visit, the website you last visited, the pages you request, and the date and time of those requests. We may also collect and store the name of your Internet Service Provider.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
Clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) help us better manage content on the Site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We may also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Log Files
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to improve our Site usability.
- We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
- Do Not Track Signals
Our Site does not currently actively respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals or mechanisms.
6. Your Choices
HCCA generally collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. Consent may be express or implied. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. You may provide your consent in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an opt-out mechanism provided. Generally, by providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise at the time of collection.
You may update or change your preferences about receiving our marketing materials at any time by contacting us as described in the “Accuracy and Updating of Personal Information” section below. To unsubscribe from any promotional email or text that we may send to you, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each such communication. Please be aware that, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, or reminder notices.
If you do not want us to share your information with our affiliates, your dealer or the Manufacturer for marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “Accuracy and Updating of Personal Information” section below.
You can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information; however, we may then not be able to provide you with the products or services you request. Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of information at any time by giving us reasonable notice. However, you may not be permitted to withdraw your consent to certain necessary collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information (for example, but not limited to, maintaining reasonable business and transaction records and the ongoing disclosure of your personal information to consumer credit reporting agencies) and if you withdraw your consent to certain collections, uses and disclosures of your personal information we may no longer be able to provide you with financial products or services.
7. Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention schedule. Your personal information will be retained for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested or for such longer period as may be required by law or in order to satisfy legitimate business needs.
8. Accuracy and Updating of Personal Information
- Phone: Toll-free 1-800-523-4030
- Postal Mail:
Hyundai Capital Canada Inc. or Hyundai Capital Lease Inc. (as applicable),123 Front Street West, Suite 1900Toronto, Ontario M5J 2M2
- Fax: (714) 965-0520
9. How HCCA Safeguards Your Personal Information
We restrict access to personal information about you, including your Social Insurance Number (if provided), to those employees, mandataries and agents and other persons hired by us who need to know the information to provide products and services to you and to otherwise service your account(s) with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are appropriate having regard to the sensitivity of the personal information to safeguard your personal information against loss or theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure, copying or modification.
If you choose to complete and submit an Online Credit Application, or to access your Online Account Services through our Site, your personal information will be encrypted during transmission.
10. How to Access or Correct Your Personal Information
We may establish a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be maintained on our servers or those of our service providers. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information that is in our custody or control, you may write to the address below, attention Privacy Officer. Your right to access or correct your personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
12. How to Contact Us
If you have any privacy related questions, please contact our Privacy Officer through the following:
Hyundai Capital Canada Inc. or Hyundai Capital Lease Inc. (as applicable)Address: 123 Front Street West, Suite 1000Toronto, Ontario M5J 2M3
- Toll Free Number: 1-844-552-4222
- Email Address: email@example.com
Effective Date of this policy 09/10/2014